xf86-video-guac: Running multiple X Servers

xf86-video-guac: Running multiple X Servers

McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)
Hi Mike,

Does this seem appropriate for running multiple instances of X Server using the xf86-video-guac driver?

startx -display :1 -- :1 -ac -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf.guac.1 &

Where xorg.conf.guac.1 contains:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "GuacCard"
    Driver     "guac"
    Option "ListenAddress" "0.0.0.0"
    Option "ListenPort" "4823"
EndSection

startx -display :2 -- :2 -ac -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf.guac.2 &

Where xorg.conf.guac.2 contains:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "GuacCard"
    Driver     "guac"
    Option "ListenAddress" "0.0.0.0"
    Option "ListenPort" "4824"
EndSection

Thanks & Regards,
Jeff

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

Re: xf86-video-guac: Running multiple X Servers

Mike Jumper
On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 9:06 AM, McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Mike,

When creating a new thread, please address the list as a whole. The
idea behind the mailing lists is to facilitate help/discussion within
the entire community. Calling out an individual at the beginning
defeats that.

Are you having a specific issue with what you've posted?

Re: xf86-video-guac: Running multiple X Servers

McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)
Hi Everyone,

I’m using the below approach to run multiple instances of X Server using the xf86-video-guac driver. I’m not an X expert so I was hoping to get some comments about whether or not this is the best approach.

Thanks & Regards,
Jeff

startx /usr/bin/startlxde -display :1 -- :1 -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf.guac.1 &
Where xorg.conf.guac.1 contains:
Section "Device"
    Identifier "GuacCard"
    Driver     "guac"
    Option "ListenAddress" "0.0.0.0"
    Option "ListenPort" "4823"
EndSection

startx /usr/bin/startlxde -display :2 -- :2 -config /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/xorg.conf.guac.2 &

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 12:56 PM, McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare) <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I’m using the below approach to run multiple instances of X Server using the xf86-video-guac driver. I’m not an X expert so I was hoping to get some comments about whether or not this is the best approach.

What you've listed here seems fine to me, though with the X.Org driver being in an experimental state, there are no best practices currently. I would recommend looking into encapsulating all this in some sort of init script, but for testing's sake I don't see any issues here.

Are you encountering any specific problems with what you've done thus far?

- Mike

Re: xf86-video-guac: Running multiple X Servers

McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)

Thanks Mike. I am able to successfully deploy in Fedora and it works perfectly. However, when I follow the same process in Oracle Linux I have an issue with the X Server immediately shutting down with no errors. I’m still investigating this so I can’t say it’s a xf86-video-guac issue.

Regards,

Jeff