session-timeout on guacamole web.xml

Karl Fiabeschi
This post was updated on .
Hi there,

where exactly i must put the  <session-timeout> code to increase the user's session timeout?

In my web.xml of guacamole client webapps i can't find the code.

Maybe in the
 <!-- Basic config -->
 section?

thanks

Re: session-timeout on guacamole web.xml

Mike Jumper
On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 7:52 AM, Karl Fiabeschi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> where exactly i must put the  <session-timeout> code to increase the user's
> session timeout?

Nowhere - the Guacamole web application does not use the servlet API's
session implementation. It provides its own implementation, configured
via the "api-session-timeout" setting in guacamole.properties:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#initial-setup

There is never any need to modify Guacamole's web.xml. The web.xml is
used only internally to the extent necessary to configure Guacamole's
own servlets. Users are not expected to need to modify web.xml nor
edit any other part of Guacamole's codebase in order to configure
Guacamole. All of the various configuration options are set either
through guacamole.properties or other external files in
GUACAMOLE_HOME.

- Mike

Re: session-timeout on guacamole web.xml

Karl Fiabeschi
Hi Mike,

I'am Sorry but the the "api-session-timeout" setting is for guacamole Tomcat's webapps?

For what i understand Is for connection (vnc/rdp) inside guacamole and not for primary user.

Can you confirm Is for guacamole client?

- Mike

On Fri, Jul 14, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Karl Fiabeschi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I'am Sorry but the the "api-session-timeout" setting is for guacamole
> Tomcat's webapps?

It is for the Guacamole web application.

- Mike