problem with rdp

Tobias.Wolf

Hi all,

I would need some help with connecting to a rdp client. I installed latest version for client and server. SSH is working, but rdp is not. I tried freerdp only from my linux servers desktop directly and I got a rdp session. The syslog has entires like “error connecting to rdp server”. I think I checked everything, configure showed “yes” on every library. What could it be?

Re: problem with rdp

brian mullan
Did you open port of 3389 for rdp?

On Jun 30, 2017 5:29 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I would need some help with connecting to a rdp client. I installed latest version for client and server. SSH is working, but rdp is not. I tried freerdp only from my linux servers desktop directly and I got a rdp session. The syslog has entires like “error connecting to rdp server”. I think I checked everything, configure showed “yes” on every library. What could it be?

AW: problem with rdp

Tobias.Wolf

I started from the same machine a rdp session with freerdp successfully.

mit freundlichen Grüßen

Tobias Wolf

T-Systems International GmbH

GDU Horizontal Solutions

Tobias Wolf

Software Architekt

Project Center ECM & ECM Strategy & Architecture Consulting

Dachauer Str. 651, D-80995 München

+49 89 54550 - 2479 (Tel.)

+49 151 168 80 221 (Mobil)

E-Mail: [hidden email]

Internet: http://www.t-systems.com

T-Systems International GmbH

Supervisory Board: Thomas Dannenfeldt (Chairman)

Board of Management: Reinhard Clemens (Chairman), Dr. Ferri Abolhassan, Dr. Markus Müller, Georg Pepping, Hagen Rickmann, Klaus Werner

Commercial register: Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main HRB 55933

Registered office: Frankfurt am Main

Notice: This transmittal and/or attachments may be privileged or confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. Any review, dissemination, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you received this transmittal in error, please notify us immediately by reply and immediately delete this message and all its attachments. Thank you.

Big changes start small – conserve resources by not printing every e-mail.

On Jun 30, 2017 5:29 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I would need some help with connecting to a rdp client. I installed latest version for client and server. SSH is working, but rdp is not. I tried freerdp only from my linux servers desktop directly and I got a rdp session. The syslog has entires like “error connecting to rdp server”. I think I checked everything, configure showed “yes” on every library. What could it be?

Re: problem with rdp

Mike Jumper
On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 3:45 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

I started from the same machine a rdp session with freerdp successfully.

By "same machine", do you mean the machine hosting RDP, the machine hosting Guacamole, or the machine you're using to connect to Guacamole with a web browser?

- Mike

Re: AW: problem with rdp

brian mullan
Tobias
Couple questions
What is the remote machine windows or linux
What encryption are you using

On Jul 3, 2017 3:10 AM, <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

AW: AW: problem with rdp

Tobias.Wolf

The guacamole machine is Linux Ubuntu 16.4 and the remote machine I want to connect to is a Windows 10. I`m using no explicit defined encryption, I think the standard rdp one is then being used.

Re: AW: AW: problem with rdp

Paulo Gonçalves

Try setting "security=tls" or "security=any" and "ignore-cert=true".

Check a previous message about this:

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Suncatcher16 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Waht type of host do you access ?
> If its a windows8 or win10 machine (also server 2012 to 2016) you'll have
> to enable tls security on the connection property in guacamole
> I also got this error in case the gucamole (guacd) cannot do DNS
> resolution then setting the IP address instead of FQDN solved that for me
>
> rg
> Christian

No, that didn't help.

In addition to TLS, as Christian suggests, you may also need to configure the connection to ignore the certificate, as the certificate of your RDP server is likely self-signed.

My host is Win8.1 Pro. And why I don't see anything
reasonable in log alike "authentication failed" or "security level not
supported"?

Unfortunately, while this sort of thing is possible with the libraries we use for VNC (libvncclient), SSH (libssh2), and telnet (libtelnet), the FreeRDP API simply doesn't provide hooks for that sort of information. Applications which consume the FreeRDP library (like Guacamole) can obtain the disconnect reason sent from the RDP server in the form of an error code, and there's been recent work to expose that information, but that wouldn't help you here. The true details surrounding why a connection has failed are only logged internally by FreeRDP.

For sake of debugging, it can be helpful to try running guacd in the foreground using the "-f" option (you'll need to kill any existing guacd processes first). That will allow you to see FreeRDP's internal log messages, which it sends to STDOUT / STDERR.

Only such clutter as "Connection ID is "$42bb300e-fac7-4d"? My logging level in logback.xml is set to *warn*.

The "logback.xml" file only controls the logging of the web application. The message above is actually logged by guacd. It's not clutter, but if you don't want those kinds of messages to be logged, you'll need to configure guacd's log level, as well, which defaults to "info":

That said, since you're currently debugging the behavior of a connection, I don't recommend reducing the verbosity of your logs at this time.

- Mike

---

DTIC - Departamento de Tecnologias de Informação e Comunicação
Instituto Politécnico de Coimbra | Serviços da Presidência
VOIP: 301103

Em 2017-07-03 09:54, [hidden email] escreveu:

The guacamole machine is Linux Ubuntu 16.4 and the remote machine I want to connect to is a Windows 10. I`m using no explicit defined encryption, I think the standard rdp one is then being used.

AW: AW: AW: problem with rdp

Tobias.Wolf

After adding the tag <security>any</security> to my connection mapping I can connect to my remote machine. I have another question, why is it not possible to left the user and password unset and let the rdp connection showing the windows login screen?

Thanks for your great support!