bulk edit connections

Oded Priva
Hi,
I have a periodic process ( every 10 minutes ) that checks for active VMs. ( about 150 connections )

I'm looking for the best way to update the connection list.

Currently I'm truncating all connection tables and inserting new connections. I'm using this
script

The problem I'm facing is when trying to login after updating MYSQL using this method is that the page upload is 'stuck' on 'guacamole/api/session/data/mysql/connectionGroups/ROOT/tree?token=***' route. I tried to disable cache or using incognito and it didn't help.

what is the best way to replace bunch of connections in a periodic process ?

Here are the table I TRUNCATE :
      'guacamole_connection_permission',
      'guacamole_connection_parameter',
      'guacamole_connection_history',
      'guacamole_connection_group_permission',
      'guacamole_connection_group',
      'guacamole_connection'

Re: bulk edit connections

Mike Jumper
On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 1:30 AM, Oded Priva <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,
I have a periodic process ( every 10 minutes ) that checks for active VMs. (
about 150 connections )

I'm looking for the best way to update the connection list.

Currently I'm truncating all connection tables and inserting new
connections. ...

You are looking for a solution to the wrong problem [1].

Don't think of it as "updating the connection list". There is no central connection list inherent to Guacamole. Remember that even the MySQL authentication system that you're currently using is a Guacamole extension, and just as that MySQL auth extension produces a list of connections from the contents of tables, so too can you write an extension which produces a dynamic list of connections from active VMs.

There's a brief example of how the extension system works here:

The extensions which are part of the Guacamole codebase can serve as more involved examples of what can be done with the extension API, but things don't need to be too complicated if all you're doing is producing a list of connections.

- Mike