RDP Library not being found

xylems
Hello All

I downloaded Guacamole 0.9.12 server and client.

I am trying to configure the server and for testing purposes we want to have all of the different modules installed.

After installing the laundry list of pre-reqs (all optional and non) iam getting the configure screen with this

Library status:

     freerdp ............. no
     pango ............... yes
     libavcodec .......... yes
     libavutil ........... yes
     libssh2 ............. yes
     libssl .............. yes
     libswscale .......... yes
     libtelnet ........... yes
     libVNCServer ........ yes
     libvorbis ........... yes
     libpulse ............ yes
     libwebp ............. yes

   Protocol support:

      RDP ....... no
      SSH ....... yes
      Telnet .... yes
      VNC ....... yes

   Services / tools:

      guacd ...... yes
      guacenc .... yes

   Init scripts: /etc/init.d

I cannot figure out why.. I tried installing freerdp-devel  freerdp... xrdp-devel...xrdp... nothing is working.

I am running on the latest version of fedora 25 and all of my packages are up to date.

Any suggestions?

Re: RDP Library not being found

McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)
Hi Alex,

You have to use one of the stable releases of FreeRDP (FreeRDP Stable 1.0 or 1.1). Here’s a link to get the source and a link with the build instructions.

https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/tree/stable-1.1

https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/wiki/Compilation

If after building, installing, and running ldconfig you have an issue with Guac finding the FreeRDP libraries, try this:

Run ldd on the /usr/local/lib/libguac-client-rdp.so, and it should have some libraries that are not found, look for those files, and then add them into /etc/ld.so.conf.

I had to add these:

/usr/local/lib64

/usr/local/lib

/usr/local/lib/freerdp

Then run ldconfig, should work after that.

Regards,

Jeff

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

Re: RDP Library not being found

xylems
Hi guys,

Thanks for the help on this.. I would like to say i was running free-rdp 2.0.0..

I went ahead and removed the freerdp-devel version i had installed and followed the instructions in compiling and installing release 1.1

When i run which xfreerdp it comes back with /usr/local/bin/xfreerdp

Seems to be installed properly. In ever used this before so i am not sure what else to check.

the file you wanted me to run ldd on /usr/local/lib/libguac-client-rdp.so doesnt exist. I am assuming that it is because i have not installed the guac server yet as i wanted to make sure the RDP was found in the configure stage.

After running ldconfig it is still not finding rdp.

I did try to add the lines you mentioned to /etc/ld.so.conf i am not familiar with this file, however i attempted the following inputs:

include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
include /usr/local/lib64
include /usr/local/lib
include /usr/local/lib/freerdp

and

include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/usr/local/lib64
/usr/local/lib
/usr/local/lib/freerdp

Ran ldconfig after each edit and still nothing.

Any suggestions?

Re: RDP Library not being found

McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)
Hi Alex,

You are correct, /usr/local/lib/libguac-client-rdp.so won’t show up until after Guac is successfully built with RDP included.

You can test xfreerdp by simply trying to run it. You’ll need a Windows RDP Server listening somewhere. If “man xfreerdp” doesn’t work you can get to the man page here: https://linux.die.net/man/1/xfreerdp

I built xfreerdp stable v1.1 on Fedora 23.

Here are all the dependecies I installed:
yum -y install gcc cmake openssl-devel libX11-devel libXext-devel libXinerama-devel libXcursor-devel libXi-devel libXdamage-devel libXv-devel libxkbfile-devel alsa-lib-devel cups-devel ffmpeg-devel glib2-devel

I ran autoreconf, configure, and make as a regular user then did make install and ldconfig as the root user.

I’ve built this numerous times following the below instructions and on occasion run into the need to fixup the /etc/ld.so.conf file.
https://github.com/FreeRDP/FreeRDP/wiki/Compilation

I would try cleaning everything up, guac included, and trying a fresh start.

Regards,
Jeff