Quantcast

Passing token paramaters to RDP

ranthony
I want to pass a variable in the guacamole URL to our RDP server. It will contain a URL string with session and token parameters. For simplicity, let's say the URL looks like this:

https://guacamole.school.edu:8443/guacamole-0.9.11-incubating/#/client?username=web&password=pass&token=abcdef0123456789

In my user-mapping.xml file I have this:

<user-mapping>
    <authorize
        username="webtest" password="pass">
        <connection name="Rdserver">
            <protocol>rdp</protocol>
            <param name="hostname">rdserver.school.edu</param>
            <param name="port">3389</param>
            <param name="security">nla</param>
            <param name="username">web</param>
            <param name="password">secret</param>
            <param name="domain">RDSERVER</param>
            <param name="remote-app">||firefox</param>
            <param name="remote-app-args">${token}</param>
            <param name="remote-app-dir" value="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Mozilla Firefox\\firefox.exe"/>
            <param name="ignore-cert">true</param>
        </connection>
The session starts with Firefox loading, but all I get is "${token}" passed to Firefox as a parameter so it tries to open up the web page www.${token}.com instead of parsing the variable. I have tried $${token} as well. For those interested, I am trying to implement a Banner INB session that requires client side Java, which most users don't have anymore or lost with the new Firefox 52.

How do I get it to process the variable?