Login to windows app using iphone Touch ID?

Login to windows app using iphone Touch ID?

ivaldes1
Hi, I have a windows app that has its own login running on Guacamole. Is there a way to use iPhone Touch ID to login to the windows app running in Safari browser without having to put in my user id and password? Has anyone done this before?

-- IV

Re: Login to windows app using iphone Touch ID?

Nick Couchman-2
I believe this capability would have more to do with Safari's ability to combine username/password auto-fill with Touch ID.  Are there any other websites that you know of that use Touch ID, inside Safari (or Chrome) on iOS?  Obviously there are applications that accomplish this, but I'm not sure that Safari allows it for auto-completion of credentials.

In any case, I think it's an iOS configuration issue and not anything specific to the Guacamole web client.

-Nick

ivaldes1
Just put in id and password into safari settings on iphone and enabled auto-fill, so far no good :-( Does not recognize or fill in the id or password. Then again, the Windows app itself is not a web page. I am not sure how to proceed.

On Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 12:35:44 AM EDT, ivaldes1 <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Just put in id and password into safari settings on iphone and enabled
> auto-fill, so far no good :-( Does not recognize or fill in the id or
> password. Then again, the Windows app itself is not a web page. I am not
> sure how to proceed.

I'm not sure what you mean by this?  It's definitely a web page.

However, it looks like maybe some tags need to be added in the code to trigger the autofill functionality, so this may be a bug or enhancement.

-Nick