Quantcast

Lack of support?

tek0011
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

RE: Lack of support?

Trevor  Merritt
Hello Tek0011,

Perhaps you should read the support page of the Guacamole site.

FROM : https://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/support/#commercial-support
Commercial Support

As some of the main target audiences for Apache Guacamole are enterprises and companies that need to provide access to many computers (hence its design as a gateway), we consider the availability of commercial support crucial to Guacamole's success. If you provide commercial support and would like your company to be listed, please send us an email, and we will work with you to do so.

Companies providing support for Apache Guacamole are not endorsed by the Apache Software Foundation, though some such companies do employ committers of the Apache Guacamole project.

Arcisphere LLC
Arcisphere is a software engineering firm which started working with Guacamole to provide product training. They continue to provide assistance with Guacamole installation and general product usage, and love to share the success they have had with both commercial and open software products.

Glyptodon Inc.
Glyptodon Inc. was founded in 2013 by the original authors of the Guacamole project to fill the growing demand for commercial support. Glyptodon believes strongly in open source software, and is dedicated to contributing all Guacamole changes back to the project and community.

RE: Lack of support?

rhawkins
I always get a reply..  Sometimes it may be a day..

But HEY!!!   You ain't paying for it!

at Nabble.com.

RE: Lack of support?

Mike Jumper
Beyond that, above all keep in mind that we all volunteer our time here. Sometimes people respond quickly, and often not. Be patient. If you feel your post isn't getting the attention it deserves, feel free to give it a friendly bump or two.

The idea here should be to work together with the community for the common good, not badger it for not helping you quickly enough.

I'm sure you're not the only one to be frustrated when your question is not the one getting attention, but these things simply happen. Please be patient.

My $0.02.

More on this in general:

Thanks,

- Mike

On Mar 16, 2017 12:32, "Trevor Merritt" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Bob Henderson
This is an open source product, and the support is provided by volunteers.

There is commercial support available through third parties, as listed on the web page.

As an open source product, you are more than welcome to submit code fixes and patches to any and all issues you may come with.

TLDR: Get what you pay for.

-Bob Henderson-
Technology Coordinator
Robotics Coach
Lake Park Audubon Schools
218.238.5914 ext 2030
www.lakeparkaudubon.com
Check us out on Facebook!

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 2:22 PM, tek0011 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Is there a better place to post for support?  The support for this product
seems nearly non existent.  It's so bad we have considered dropping it
entirely. Look at the main page of the list and most posts dont have a
single reply.  The ones that do are usually the original poster that is
replying.

What an amazing product, but what terrible terrible service and support.
Going to be hard pressed to keep this thing going without increased care and
support.

Help these people out!

RE: Lack of support?

tek0011
I figured this would get a response.  I am not concerned about my personal support, although thats lacking as well.

All I am saying is, its depression when something as amazing as this comes out, and the support and help goes away.

Look at the support that was provided back when this was on sourceforge.  Discussions.  Collaborations.  Logs.  Trial and error responses.  Lots of help.  Lots of people working together.  Now look at the support here.  Some of those posts have gone over a month without a reply.  What happened?

Re: Lack of support?

tek0011
Open source is not an excuse.

There are 100,000's of open source products that provide immeasurable support.  They have taken the time to build a community.  I started using this ~ 3 years ago, although sparingly and never dove into it.  You had a community back on sourceforge.  Look at it compared to this.  There are posts that are a month old on here with not a single reply.  I only wish I knew this product better so I could help too.  But its really hard to learn it when there is a severe lack of information and documentation on it.  No issue tracker, no issue submission for git..

A few quick google searches will lead you to dozens of pages that specifically state "the manual is missing most this information, and there isnt much support."   I just dont want this to die, and the community from where it was, to where it is has gone down hill.

Re: Lack of support?

Mike Jumper
tek0011, please tone it down a bit. This is a place for respectful discourse, questions, and the community helping the community. It is not a place to vent.

Let's keep this constructive and collaborative.

Please.

I only wish I
knew this product better so I could help too.

Great! Dive in further and stay active. You will learn, you will help, and the community will grow and benefit. This is the right attitude to have.

But its really hard to learn
it when there is a severe lack of information and documentation on it.

Manual:

If there are deficiencies there, contributions to the manual are welcome just like contributions to the codebase in general. The git repository for that is:

It's written in DocBook, which is XML.

No
issue tracker, no issue submission for git..

The issue tracker is:

- Mike

Re: Lack of support?

maxkc2
I'd kindly ask tek0011 to stop spaming to this mail list. This way of communication can end up in ban list.

If you do not like open source way of support via community JUST STOP USING THIS PRODUCT.
And switch to smth that suits your expectations.

All you should express here is great gratitude to developers who  over the years SPEND THEIR TIME free of charge for you to have this product.

----
С уважением,
Максим Голоднюк

> 16 марта 2017 г., в 22:37, tek0011 <[hidden email]> написал(а):
>
> Open source is not an excuse.
>
> There are 100,000's of open source products that provide immeasurable
> support.  They have taken the time to build a community.  I started using
> this ~ 3 years ago, although sparingly and never dove into it.  You had a
> community back on sourceforge.  Look at it compared to this.  There are
> posts that are a month old on here with not a single reply.  I only wish I
> knew this product better so I could help too.  But its really hard to learn
> it when there is a severe lack of information and documentation on it.  No
> issue tracker, no issue submission for git..
>
> A few quick google searches will lead you to dozens of pages that
> specifically state "the manual is missing most this information, and there
> isnt much support."   I just dont want this to die, and the community from
> where it was, to where it is has gone down hill.

RES: Lack of support?

Thiago dos Santos Nunes
I agree 1000%.

The developers are very.....very.....  dedicated. Is not fair with them.

Personally I´m very happy with guacamole (even with some bugs that I have faced).

It´s a great...great product!!!

Fique com DEUS.

Aude et Effice!

Enviada em: sexta-feira, 17 de março de 2017 09:34
Para: [hidden email]
Assunto: Re: Lack of support?