Http proxy?

Lidia
Hello I’m using Guacamole 0.9.11 and 0.9.12 on two different devices (a Rasperry Pi and a Desktop PC).
All works fine if I connect to guacamole server from anywhere but my workplace.
From this place, instead, I’m able to access to the remote server and to authenticate, but after I chosen a connection, a message appears:
“You have been disconnected” (near instantaneally)
OR
“Connection error” The connection was closed because the server is taking too long to response (after a few seconds)

I’m wondering if the issue is that on my workplace I access internet via a Http Proxy. If so, is there is a solution?

Regards

Lidia

Re: Http proxy?

Herzog
Do you use HTTP or WebSocket connections to Guacamole? In the old days, some proxies had issues tunnelling web sockets.

Even if using HTTP, if the proxy does deep packet inspection, that might drain performance. Maybe, your company can switch that off for your domain.

Another possibility which I am investigating right now is whether my workstation AntiVirus may cause the connection to drop... Maybe you have such a program installed on your workstation, too.