How to stop other user from connecting If one user is already using the Remote computer

How to stop other user from connecting If one user is already using the Remote computer

Masood
Hi,

I am using Guacamole to evaluate desktop applications. I send different user my configurations and they can connect with Remote computer. The problem is that If One user is already login and another user also try to access the computer the first one is disconnected and second get the access. Both are using the same login username/pass

Is there any way I can disable the user from connecting if the computer is already in use? Does guacamole support this or anyone has ever implemented this feature?

If it's not supported in guacamole how can I achieve this feature?

thanks

RE: How to stop other user from connecting If one user is already using the Remote computer

Adrian Owen

Yes, Guacamole supports this. We use it.

2 users on different workstations can logon to the same Linux server with the same username simultaneously.

Adrian

RE: How to stop other user from connecting If one user is already using the Remote computer

Adrian Owen

Sorry you are trying to stop this.  I didn't read the question clearly.

Please ignore my answer.

Yes, Guacamole supports this. We use it.

2 users on different workstations can logon to the same Linux server with the same username simultaneously.

Adrian

Re: How to stop other user from connecting If one user is already using the Remote computer

Erik Berndt
Have you tried increasing or setting the 'max-connections-per-user' in guacamole.properties?

On Thursday, July 20, 2017, Adrian Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry you are trying to stop this.  I didn't read the question clearly.
>
> Please ignore my answer.

Erik Berndt / Systems Administrator
5551 Wellington Rd, Gainesville, VA 20155
703.631.0004 x520 (Phone) / 703.257.1725 (Fax)
http://www.superiorpaving.net

Need to open an IT support ticket?
http://FixIT.superiorpaving.net/portal or [hidden email]

Re: How to stop other user from connecting If one user is already using the Remote computer

Masood
I want to allow only one connection at a time. So some other user don't login and take over the session.

I want to stop others from logging in if remote computer is already in use.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas about that

On 20. Jul 2017, at 17:54, Erik Berndt <[hidden email]> wrote:

H you tried increasing or setting the 'max-connectio-per-user' in guacamole.properties?

On Thursday, July 20, 2017, Adrian Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry you are trying to stop this.  I didn't read the question clearly.
>
> Please ignore my answer.

McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare)

From another perspective… What about configuring the remote computer to accept only one remote desktop connection at a time?

Regards,

-Jeff

From: Masood Hussain <[hidden email]>
Date: Friday, July 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

smime.p7s (8K) Download Attachment

Re: How to stop other user from connecting If one user is already using the Remote computer

Masood
Thank you for the idea but Configuring the remote computer is probably not a very efficient way to my working solution as I have multiple computers.

No one ever had this problem before? Refusing the connection if connection is already in use

On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 5:15 PM, McRoy, Jeffrey (GE Healthcare) <[hidden email]> wrote:

From another perspective… What about configuring the remote computer to accept only one remote desktop connection at a time?

Regards,

-Jeff

From: Masood Hussain <[hidden email]>
Date: Friday, July 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>

I want to allow only one connection at a time. So some other user don't login and take over the session.

I want to stop others from logging in if remote computer is already in use.

Do you have any suggestions or ideas about that

On 20. Jul 2017, at 17:54, Erik Berndt <[hidden email]> wrote:

H you tried increasing or setting the 'max-connectio-per-user' in guacamole.properties?

On Thursday, July 20, 2017, Adrian Owen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sorry you are trying to stop this.  I didn't read the question clearly.
>
> Please ignore my answer.

Mike Jumper
On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 7:07 AM, Masood Hussain <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you for the idea but Configuring the remote computer is probably not a very efficient way to my working solution as I have multiple computers.

As Erik mentioned, there are properties for configuring exactly this within the Guacamole server:

These can also be specified/overridden on a per-connection basis when editing the connection via the web interface, in the section labeled "concurrency limits":

You will need to use the database authentication backend to make use of these features, as only the database auth tracks connections with this level of granularity. Writing your own auth extension would be another possibility, if you need something specific that isn't provided out-of-the-box by the database auth, but beware that correct tracking of concurrent connections is tricky.

Note that the above will only monitor connections made using Guacamole. It is not possible for Guacamole to be aware of whether the remote desktop server itself already has a connection through some other client, or whether the remote desktop server has an active local user. For such cases, you would need to modify the configuration of the remote desktop server to deny access until active users are disconnected. I believe there are group policy settings for doing this with RDP.

- Mike

Re: How to stop other user from connecting If one user is already using the Remote computer

Masood
Thank you for your answer,

Even if I limit the connection per user I think it only works for that connection configuration(I have multiple configurations for a single remote computer). If I have two configurations for a single Remote computer with the different initial program it will still log out the other user on request.