Guacamole on Docker 0.9.12-incubating

Martin Herold
I need some help for following:

Running Guacamole 0.9.12 as docker-container, guacd is a docker
container too.
The host is Ubuntu 16.04 Server as a virtual machine from host-europe.

There are max. 10 users at the same time which have an rdp session to a
windows server.
Apache 2 used as proxy

All is working fine, except friday mornings:

One of our users from outside told me, he get kicked out after a view
seconds (max. 10 seconds) with error "high latency".

This happens only sometimes, but then over several hours. From different
users at different places.

 From within my network all is fine to the same time. I see
Server-Desktop and can work over hours without break.

Now my questions:

1. How is it possible to view some log files of guacd in a docker container?
2. How to increase latency tolerance?

kind regards

Martin

--
----------------------
Martin Herold
Telefax: +49 7191 911777
EMail: [hidden email]

Re: Guacamole on Docker 0.9.12-incubating

Mike Jumper
On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 12:16 AM, Martin Herold <[hidden email]> wrote:

> One of our users from outside told me, he get kicked out after a view
> seconds (max. 10 seconds) with error "high latency".

There is no error message within Guacamole which reads "high latency".
Is this the exact wording of the error that the user is seeing?

> Now my questions:
>
> 1. How is it possible to view some log files of guacd in a docker container?

There is only one stream of log entries produced by guacd. As with
most images, you can view it using the "docker logs" command:

https://docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/logs/

> 2. How to increase latency tolerance?

Guacamole does not have an upper limit on latency specifically. It
does have a 15-second timeout across the stack, which will result in
the connection being summarily closed if no response has been received
from the user for 15 seconds, but 15 seconds of latency is rather
extreme. I'd expect that most users would give up on using the service
once latency has reached the point that the timeout is triggered.

- Mike