Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Goncalo Rosa

Hello,

I just implemented Guacamole 0.9.12 and I am trying to customize the login page. However I am not a Web developer, so I tried to follow the following link:

http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/Branding-the-login-page-td281.html

Attached is the JAR that I created. However I can’t understand why is not working, when I upload it on GUACAMOLE_HOME/extensions.

Can someone be so kind and help me?

I just want to do 2 things:

  1. Replace the login guacamole logo
  2. Replace the “NAME” caption from “Apache Guacamole” to “V2S LABs”

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Gonçalo Rosa

grosa_CO

W: www.v2s.us                   Skype: goncalo_rosa

v2s-extension.jar (32K) Download Attachment

RE: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Goncalo Rosa

Hello,

I just implemented Guacamole 0.9.12 and I am trying to customize the login page. However I am not a Web developer, so I tried to follow the following link:

http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/Branding-the-login-page-td281.html

Attached is the JAR (renamed as zip) that I created. However I can’t understand why is not working, when I upload it on GUACAMOLE_HOME/extensions.

Can someone be so kind and help me?

I just want to do 2 things:

  1. Replace the login guacamole logo
  2. Replace the “NAME” caption from “Apache Guacamole” to “V2S LABs”

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Gonçalo Rosa

grosa_CO

W: www.v2s.us                   Skype: goncalo_rosa

v2s-extension.zip (32K) Download Attachment

Re: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Marko Nikolić
Hi Goncalo,

I have checked the zip file and have few comments:

- The image is present, but I don't see that it is used anywhere. I think you should add a .css file that uses image and reference this file in guac-manifest.json. Something like this in css:

.login-ui .login-dialog .logo {
    background-image:  url('app/ext/V2SLABS/web/images/v2s.png');
}

and in manifest-json add reference to your css:

"css" : ["V2SLABS.css"],

I didn't check the above, so please make sure all paths are correct.

- Regarding translation, are you sure that en_US.json is used on your system? On my system it en.json, so I guess it depends on your regional settings.

Regards,
Marko

уто, 30. мај 2017. у 22:05 Goncalo Rosa <[hidden email]> је написао/ла:

image001.jpg (85K) Download Attachment
image001.jpg (85K) Download Attachment

RE: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Goncalo Rosa

Hi Marko,

Thank you so much.

Sorry for my ignorance, but should I create this path (app/ext/V2SLABS/) on my system? Or what really it represents that path?

Thank you in advance.

Gonçalo Rosa

grosa_CO

RE: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Al Gore
If you do not want to make any modifications to the code, simply download the prebuilt .WAR file from:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/releases/0.9.12-incubating/

Open this file with an archive program such as 7zip and you should see a list of files and folders:

Open the folder labeled "translations" and will see a list of languages in the form of "en.json" or "no.json" (by the way you can add to this list if you want Spanish in there). Edit these files and replace every instance of "Apache Guacamole" with "V2S Labs". Make sure to save them within the WAR file.

Next, you can take your logo in PNG format and replace files in the "images" folder. You will need to replace guac-tricolor.png, logo-64.png, logo-144.png, and guac-mono-192.png. I would recommend looking at the dimensions of these images and replacing them with the same size image. Be sure to overwrite the image files with your logo files using the exact same name, e.g. "logo-64.png" must be replaced with a file called "logo-64.png".

Take the resulting WAR file and place it in your Java app container, such as Tomcat

Re: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Marko Nikolić
Hi Goncalo,

It is the extension format for the path, you don't need to create app/ext/V2SLABS path. You can find the format description here:

Look at the manifest table and check the "resources" row.

Regards,
Marko

уто, 30. мај 2017. у 23:19 Goncalo Rosa <[hidden email]> је написао/ла:

Hi Marko,

Thank you so much.

Sorry for my ignorance, but should I create this path (app/ext/V2SLABS/) on my system? Or what really it represents that path?

Thank you in advance.

Gonçalo Rosa

image001.jpg

Re: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Mike Jumper

<http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/file/n1026/Capture.png>

Open the folder labeled "translations" and will see a list of languages in
the form of "en.json" or "no.json" (by the way you can add to this list if
you want Spanish in there). Edit these files and replace every instance of
"Apache Guacamole" with "V2S Labs". Make sure to save them within the WAR
file.

Please avoid this.

The theming support within the extension system exists to allow exactly these sort of changes without making modifications to the .war. Both the translation strings ("en.json", "no.json", etc.), and the appearance of the interface can be overridden using extensions.

Using extensions, the same changes can be automatically applied without rebuilding things each release. By manually editing the .war, not only are you avoiding a built-in system designed for doing exactly what you want, but you will need to repeat those changes each time you upgrade.

If you still don't want to use the extension system, you really should only modify the .war file through making changes to the source and rebuilding. Patching the pre-built binaries is not a good way of achieving this.

- Mike

Re: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Marko Nikolić
It is possible to customize guacamole in this way, but it will essentially result in the custom release of Guacamole. Any upgrade to the new Guacamole release will require repeating of this procedure.

On the other side, extensions are not that much dependent on the guacamole version and upgrades (but for sure requires testing before production).

Marko

уто, 30. мај 2017. у 23:20 Al Gore <[hidden email]> је написао/ла:
[...]

Maybe I am too dumb…

I believe I did what you mentioned, however even after reboot the server it doesn’t work.

I attached my new JAR in zip format. Can you please be so kind and give me a hand on this? Any guidance will be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

Gonçalo Rosa

grosa_CO

v2s-extension.zip (32K) Download Attachment

Re: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

rhawkins
Did you get this worked out?

RE: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Goncalo Rosa
No,

Unfortunately I couldn't do it with the extension. I am not a web developer and I couldn't make the extension to work.

So I did it the wrong way, replacing the Web interface application files inside the .war.

But I am still interested on the extension, but wasn't able to make it to work.

Gonçalo Rosa

RE: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

rhawkins

Do you run on Centos or Ubuntu?

RE: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

rhawkins

It does work just fine creating an ext..    not sure if you will be able to see this but..

RE: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Goncalo Rosa

I have a CentOS 7 and your print screen looks great.

Is that an extension?

That was what I was aiming for on an extension…

But never worked for me.

Gonçalo Rosa

grosa_CO

It does work just fine creating an ext..    not sure if you will be able to see this but..

http://apache-guacamole-incubating-users.2363388.n4.nabble.com/attachment/1120/0/image002.jpg

RE: Guacamole login page customization 0.9.12

Goncalo Rosa

Can you please review my extension and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Gonçalo Rosa

grosa_CO