Deprecate NoAuth? (Was: Connection errors on no-auth unless logout first.)

Deprecate NoAuth? (Was: Connection errors on no-auth unless logout first.)

Mike Jumper
Any thoughts from the user community on deprecating NoAuth in general, and what would be required for replacing it with something sensible?

From the perspective of a developer, NoAuth has been the bane of my existence, and I feel it's flawed by design at this point (not to mention antithetical to the idea of the auth extension subsystem).

Thoughts?

- Mike

On Mar 16, 2017 12:36, "Hawkins, Richard" <[hidden email]> wrote:
I'm surprised it works at all..

Normally a user will ctl-alt-shift.  Then go home and then click another
connection..

Hitting the back button would be a crapshoot..

Re: Deprecate NoAuth? (Was: Connection errors on no-auth unless logout first.)

Patrick L Archibald (PLA) ☮
I used NoAuth for years but have moved on to a custom extension. I
don't have a problem with NoAuth being deprecated.

Thanks, PLA