AngularJS version

Marko Nikolić
Hello,

Is there some reason for keeping the AngularJS version that is almost two years old (1.3.16)? I am asking because I am expriencing angular bug https://github.com/angular/angular.js/issues/13380 in my extension, which is solved in the more recent version of angular.

Regards,
Marko

Re: AngularJS version

Mike Jumper
On May 4, 2017 3:14 PM, "Marko Nikolić" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Is there some reason for keeping the AngularJS version that is almost two years old (1.3.16)?

The main reason is compatibility. The entire UI would need to be retested. Not all AngularJS versions are 100% compatible with each other, so upgrading it can be a major task.

I am asking because I am expriencing angular bug https://github.com/angular/angular.js/issues/13380 in my extension, which is solved in the more recent version of angular.

How recent?

Re: AngularJS version

Marko Nikolić

The last comment in the bug report says it is fixed in 1.4.9.

Marko

пет, 5. мај 2017. 02.31 Mike Jumper <[hidden email]> је написао/ла:
On May 4, 2017 3:14 PM, "Marko Nikolić" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Is there some reason for keeping the AngularJS version that is almost two years old (1.3.16)?

The main reason is compatibility. The entire UI would need to be retested. Not all AngularJS versions are 100% compatible with each other, so upgrading it can be a major task.

I am asking because I am expriencing angular bug https://github.com/angular/angular.js/issues/13380 in my extension, which is solved in the more recent version of angular.

How recent?

Re: AngularJS version

Mike Jumper
On Thu, May 4, 2017 at 5:34 PM, Marko Nikolić <[hidden email]> wrote:

The last comment in the bug report says it is fixed in 1.4.9.

The description for the bug report itself also says this is a regression introduced in 1.4.0, and that it does not occur in 1.3.20. If that is true, then upgrading to 1.3.20 might be a more reasonable solution for the time being. Doing that shouldn't result in things breaking. If you want to give that a shot, you can do so by editing guacamole's pom.xml:

and index.html:

and then rebuilding. If angular-translate breaks as a result, that may need to be upgraded, too.

As for the actual full-blown update to 1.4.x, it's worth doing, but it's a substantial task:

Given the effort involved there, I'd say we may as well look into what would be involved bringing things all the way to the latest (1.6.4), but again ... it's a very large task. It should be done, but cannot be done quickly/soon.

- Mike

Re: AngularJS version

Al Gore
Hey not to bring up an old thread, but I have been diving into this program extensively for the past few months.

It is possible to upgrade the front end web application directly to 1.4.14. This could be changed and tested very easily, I have been running this for a while now (although to be fair, it's an extremely modified version of your angular app).

To upgrade to 1.5, the primary issue is that many times objects {} are sent into orderBy (such as on the client page) which is no longer supported (they must be arrays now). I plan to make a "object property-to array" service to fix this.

To upgrade to 1.6, the primary issue is with the extensive use of $http(...).success(). This no longer exists. This would be a large undertaking as every instance of

$http(...).success(function (headers, data, etc) {})

would need to be changed to

$http(...).then(function (response) { response.headers, response.data, response.etc } )

I will be doing this soon. Let me know if you would like me to to fork and upgrade your project when I'm done.

Re: AngularJS version

Hillary Clinton
Hello,

Were you able to upgrade to AngularJS version 1.6?