[ANNOUNCE] Apache Guacamole 0.9.13-incubating released

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Guacamole 0.9.13-incubating released

mjumper
Administrator
The Apache Guacamole community is proud to announce the release of Apache Guacamole 0.9.13-incubating.

Apache Guacamole (incubating) is a clientless remote desktop gateway which supports standard protocols like VNC, RDP, and SSH. We call it "clientless" because no plugins or client software are required; once Guacamole is installed on a server, all you need to access your desktops is a web browser.

The 0.9.13-incubating release features new support for CAS single sign-on, automatic failover to connections within the same connection group, and fixes for issues in all supported protocols. The JavaScript API has also been extended to provide for in-browser playback of screen recordings, and the extension API now allows custom REST services to be defined.

A full list of the changes in this release, along with links to downloads and updated documentation, can be found in the release notes:

For more information on Apache Guacamole, please see:

Thanks!

The Apache Guacamole (incubating) Community

----

DISCLAIMER:

Apache Guacamole is an effort undergoing Incubation at The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Incubator. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Guacamole 0.9.13-incubating released

Giorgio
Works perfectly fine in all aspects. Thank you.

Is there any example on how to implement the CAS single sign-on ?
The DUO was somehow explained, however the limitation on number of free client was an obstacle.
I hope the CAS works well without limitations.

Looking forward to your early reply.

Apache Guacamole is an effort undergoing Incubation at The Apache Software Foundation (ASF), sponsored by the Incubator. Incubation is required of all newly accepted projects until a further review indicates that the infrastructure, communications, and decision making process have stabilized in a manner consistent with other successful ASF projects. While incubation status is not necessarily a reflection of the completeness or stability of the code, it does indicate that the project has yet to be fully endorsed by the ASF.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Guacamole 0.9.13-incubating released

Mike Jumper
On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 10:10 AM, Giorgio <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Works perfectly fine in all aspects. Thank you.
>
> Is there any example on how to implement the CAS single sign-on ?

Hi Giorgio,

This is an announcement thread, and isn't meant as a central hub for
questions related to the recent release. If you have a question
regarding Guacamole, it would be much better to ask that question in a
new thread.

Thanks,

- Mike

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Guacamole 0.9.13-incubating released

Nick Couchman-2
For the CAS extension, the configuration is relatively easy - there are two parameters, one to tell Guacamole where the base of your CAS SSO install is, and one to tell it where to redirect back to for Guacamole.

As far as setting up the CAS server itself, well, that's really outside the scope of Guacamole and the CAS extension for Guacamole.  It isn't too bad - you can do it with Maven and an overlay, and I think there's even a docker container or two out there to help get it going.  CAS is a fairly broad system, so it has the ability to authenticate against quite a few different backends (DB, LDAP, ADFS, etc.) and provides several different front-end protocols (CAS, Oauth, SAML, etc.).  You can find documentation on getting CAS set up here:

-Nick